Bazaars and Markets
Local artisans, craftsmen, and hobbyists are gathering around town at bazaars and holiday markets to share their wares. These events are a wonderful opportunity to meet creative people in our community and find unique holiday gifts for friends and family.
Holiday Market is a free event hosted by Vancouver Farmers Market featuring arts, crafts, jewelry, gifts, and treats. This three day event is at the Hilton Hotel, 301 W 6th St., Vancouver, WA.
- November 29th (Friday) from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- November 30th (Saturday) from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- December 1st (Sunday) from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
There are several local large and small bazaars around town and across the bridge in Portland. Here are a few to get you started:
- Heritage Holiday Bazaar is Saturday, November 30th, 2019 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM at 7825 NE 130th Avenue, Vancouver, WA.
- America’s Largest Christmas Bazaar is at the Portland Expo Center on these dates:
- November 29th 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- November 30th 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- December 1st, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- December 6th, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- December 7th, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- December 8th, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- The First Annual Burton Holiday Market is at Burton Elementary School, 14015 NE 28th St., Vancouver, WA on December 7th from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Festival of the Last Minute
Festival of the Last Minute is a free family-friendly event hosted by Portland Saturday Market featuring contests, vendors, artists, food, and drink. If you are a last minute shopper or just have not found the right something special for someone on your list, they’ve got you covered! Festival of the Last Minute is in the usual Portland Saturday Market location: Head over to Waterfront Park and Ankeny Park in Portland.
- December 19th (Thursday) 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
- December 20th (Friday) 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
- December 21st (Saturday) 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
- December 22nd (Sunday) 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- December 23rd (Monday) 11:00 am to 4:30 pm
- December 24th (Tuesday) 11:00 am to 3:30 pm
Christmas at the Park is a free event hosted by Activate Church. This family-friendly celebration will include free photos with Santa, tree giveaways, a live band playing Christmas carols, Christmas characters and more. Christmas at the Park will be at Esther Short Park, 301 W 8th St., Vancouver, WA, on December 6th from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
Christmas at the Fort
Christmas at the Fort is an annual event at Fort Vancouver National Historic Site. This family-friendly event is well worth the $7.00 fee. Hosts and volunteers for the event dress and act out the 1840s holiday season at Fort Vancouver. As a visitor, you will be able to interact with the players, make a wreath, share a holiday beverage, enjoy caroling, and more! This year the festivities will be held on December 14th from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Season of Lights
The holiday season brings wondrous light displays, and this year will be extra special. It is the 65th year hundreds of private boat owners will creative amazing, festive displays to parade along the Columbia and Willamette rivers for the Christmas Ships Parade.
Christmas Ships Parade
Christmas Ships Parade, an annual celebration of lights during the holiday season, will be easy to view from the Vancouver Waterfront in December. You can watch the parade of ships decorated with holiday lights as they pass on the Columbia River near I-5. Several restaurants along the riverfront have tables with a view of the parade, or you can watch the ships for free as they move along the river from the Waterfront Renaissance Trail. Christmas Ships Parade will be visible from around 7:30 PM to 8:00 PM on these dates:
- December 5th
- December 10th
- December 11th
- December 17th
- December 19th
Christmas Festival of Lights
The Grotto is celebrating its 32nd annual Christmas Festival of Lights. The Christmas Festival of Lights is a family-friendly holiday celebration featuring choirs, lights, a petting zoo, puppet show, caroling, and concessions. The Grotto’s 32nd Annual Christmas Festival of Lights will run Friday, Nov. 29th through Monday, Dec. 30th except Christmas Day. The event begins at 5:00 pm and closes at 10:00 pm each night.
What could be better than a trip to the zoo? Zoolights, an annual event at the Oregon Zoo, is a spectacular display of over a million lights. This event has something for everyone. Visit your favorite zoo wildlife, ride the train covered in lights, and get hot cocoa on your way to visit Santa. Zoolights will run from November 29th through January 5th except Christmas Day from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm.